Thank you Governor LePage!
Join the New Recovery Advocacy Movement in Maine
The Maine Alliance for Addiction Recovery is the statewide coalition that organizes people in recovery from alcohol and drug addiction and recovery allies into a unified recovery presence within Maine. We are a statewide recovery community organization that represents the many pathways of recovery. MAAR supporters celebrate recovery every day - we know firsthand that recovery works.
- serve as leaders and teachers about addiction recovery
- uphold that people recover through a variety of means; i.e.. 12 step, faith-based, medication assisted, treatment assisted and many others
- serve as Living Proof that recovery from alcohol and drug addiction is a reality
- facilitate Leadership training sessions for recovering people and allies
- work to lessen the stigma and discrimination faced by people with addictions
- collaborate with recovery advocates around the country to change attitudes and beliefs about recovery
- advocate with legislators and policy makers to ensure that Maine people can access the recovery support they need
- volunteer time to plan and support community-based recovery events
- help to create peer recovery support programs that will reach more people
Recovery is the overall goal of every treatment and recovery support program that exists in our state. It is a lifelong and personal journey requiring courage and commitment to live in new ways that strengthen a healthy lifestyle free of alcohol or illicit drugs.
MAAR is Maine's leader in creating a recovery oriented system of care for our state, which is centered around the expressed needs of those in recovery. Nationally, this transformative movement strives to change the ways that all recovery support services are developed and provided. MAAR works to create community based peer support programs that build recovery capital.
We need your help!
There are many ways you can participate!
Donate: Make a tax-deductible donation to support recovery activities and events. Online donations can be made tot he Maine Substance Abuse Foundation, MAAR's 501(c)3 sister organization that assists with fund raising. Be sure to enter "MAAR" in the "Designation" field on the donation form. Make your online donation here.
Serve as a recovery leader: Complete one of our trainings.
MAAR Events: Meet others who are committed to recovery by joining us for MAAR events.
For more information about MAAR, contact us at (207) 621-4111.