Why should you get involved with MAPSA? A comprehensive and active statewide substance abuse prevention association benefits Maine and its communities in many ways. MAPSA works to:
- Create a statewide climate where communities are empowered to address substance abuse issues.
- Demonstrate to key stakeholders that substance abuse prevention needs to be a statewide public health priority.
- Provide a network for prevention professionals and coalition members to identify and take action on common issues.
- Provide an avenue for dissemination of current research, best practices, publications, and resources.
- Identify opportunities for state and federal resources.
2015 MAPSA MEMBERS
Discovery House: Bangor
Greater Old Town Communities That Care
Houlton Band of Maliseet Indians
Maine's Higher Education Alcohol Prevention Partnership
Partners for Healthier Communities
Partnership For A Healthy Northern Penobscot
River Valley Healthy Communities Coalition
Wabanaki Public Health